VISION:A haven for fostering self-confident and innovative professional entrepreneurs
MISSION:Identifying and nurturing budding talent and transforming them into dynamic and self-reliant skilled technocrats
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Center (IEDC) set up at CDGI during 2016-17, is a government funded scheme managed entirely by the Department of Innovation & Research. The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has set up IEDCs in educational institutions to meet the challenges posed by an era of globalization and economic liberalization. IEDC encourages students to take up projects with a high degree of innovation and entrepreneurial value. DST provides funding of rupees one lac to one project each year and selects five projects in a year for funding. To promote the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship among more number of students and faculty members, management of CDGI supportsadditional projects in similar fashion as DST.
1. To channelize the knowledge and the energy of youth towards becoming active partners in the economic development process.
2. To catalyze and promote development of knowledge-based and innovation driven enterprises and promote employment opportunities amongst students.
3. To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship.
4. To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding Science & Technology entrepreneurs.
THE SALIENT FEATURES:
1. It is a five year programme to be implemented in an educational institution.
2. A maximum of twenty new projects would be supported in a year.
3. The projects should be student’s projects with a high degree of innovation and commercial viability.
4. As far as possible, the projects should be multi-disciplinary in nature and should be executed by teams consisting of students drawn from various levels.
5. The projects should also have a high degree of commercial viability to lead to possible start up by students.
FUNCTIONS OF IEDC at CDGI
1. To motivate, support and mentor students for identification, development and commercialization of their innovative ideas.
2. To initiate targeted number of innovative student projects each year for new product development.
3. To organize Business Plan Competitions / Innovation Camps / Hackathons with active involvement of industry and alumni.
4. To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
5. To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs, bankers, professionals, potential customers and create a mentorship scheme for student innovators.
6. To facilitate creation of Entrepreneur’s Club / E-Cells in the college to foster culture of entrepreneurship amongst students.