Advertising, sales promotion and sales management are an integral part of taking any product or service to the market. Bachelor of Commerce in Advertising, Sales Promotion and Sales Management covers a range of topics such as Business Organisation, Fundamentals of Advertising, Accounting Basics, Banking, Basics and others. Students can opt for careers in account planning, direct and indirect sales, campaign planning and many more. Students can further opt for MBA with specialization in Marketing or Sales after completing this course.
• To give the students an exposure of international advertising and equips them to be able to manage the media along with different aids of advertising in the international markets.
• To make the students understand the concept of creativity in depth with the knowledge of growing importance of creativity in Ads in today’s competitive world.
• To enable the students to develop skills required for job/vocation in advertising, personal selling and salesmanship.
• To equip students with skills required to motivate and train the sales force and enhance their productivity.
• To course will enable the students to pursue post graduate programs in Advertising, Marketing, and Digital Marketing, Advertising cum Public Relations, Media Management etc.
Advertising has a very wide scope in marketing and in the social system. The scope of advertising is described on the basis of activities included under advertising and their forms and systems, objectives and functions. The course focuses on proven practices and application of theory covering research, the nature of consumers, sales management, advertising, quality management, law, and ethics in the marketing environment. It also introduces students to the practical aspects of marketing and enables them to develop marketing strategies for their organizations.
The B.Com. (Advertising, Sales Promotion and Sales Management) degree course prepares students for a professional qualification in sales and marketing. It is dynamic course and brings to the forefront the aspects of marketing and advertising. Some of the career options are as follows:
• Marketing Manager
• Brand Manager
• Asset Manager
• Corporate Sales
• Media Planner
• Media strategist
• Media manager
• Product Manager
• Head of Digital Marketing
• Online marketing
• Retailing Management
• Customer Relationship Management
• Analytical Marketing
• Competitive Marketing
• Advertising Management
• TV producer
• Audio/Video Editor
• Corporate Communications Head
• Digital Media Analyst
• Channel Head