B.Sc.(Computer Science) is a 3 years under graduate degree programme affiliated to DAVV, Indore. B. Sc. (Computer Science) programme prepares a student to work in Software Programming, System Analysis and Design. Details of B.Sc. (Computer Science) programme including duration, eligibility, admission criteria, objectives, future prospects and fee structure are given below:
• To provide a platform to enhance necessary skill set and analytical abilities for developing computer-based solutions to real life problems.
• To imbibe quality software development practices.
• To train students in state-of-the-art professional skills related to software industry.
• To acquire necessary knowledge base for research and development in Computer Science.
• To help Students build a successful career in IT sector.
B.Sc. (Computer Science) graduates can go for higher study in courses like Master of Computer Management or Master of Computer Application., M.Sc. in Computer Science, M.Sc. in Statistics, M.Sc. in Operation Research and M.Sc. in IT are other reputed higher education programme. The reputed IT Company, Wipro, Bangalore, absorbs such graduates in good number & allows them to pursuer post-graduation in collaborative programs under integrated learning culture.
This course will be a steppingstone for the students interested in pursuing a career in the software industry. It is expected that more than 50,000 jobs will be available in this sector with the commencement of TCS and Infosys operations in Indore. B.Sc. (Computer Science) graduates build a rewarding career in areas of Software Development, Database Administration and Networking. They have opportunities in Railways as Junior Engineer (IT). Other than public sector jobs, candidates can work as Junior Software Programmer, System Integrator, System Analyst, Network & Hardware Engineer in various IT firms like Intel Technology, Wipro, Infosys. These profiles offer attractive salary packages and excellent exposure in the field.